John LE GRYS (Gryse), –1500
Here the hereditary line transfers to John's uncle William Le Grys as no male heirs came of t his marriage. Will dated March 28, 1500, Proved November 5,1500
Note inconsistency in the following: John of Norwich married Agnes Bateman because his arms impaling the Bateman arms were carved in a seat in St John the Baotist, Timberhill, Norwich. The Lady 's Chapel was founded by John Le Grys in 1494, and was buried there in 1500. His stone is there but the bronze inscription is gone. Arms are carved on seat.
From Christening Field:
in New chapel afore the door